Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kombucha!!!!

I want to start off by saying that I realize I haven't really posted much about food yet... or anything. Honestly, i plan on it, but I've been in such a busy week mode i haven't really cooked. :( I feel more like a junkitarian at the moment living off of delish over processed foods like fried tofu and oreos. :( I suppose this week is a bad example of being healthy! XD (Hey i did eat green beans with my tofu, that counts right?) so that's my story on the lack of posts on food. I do plan on attempting chili tomorrow, lets see if that follows through! ;)

Anyway, today i did encounter a product i have never had before, and that would be kombucha. Apparently I don't get out much because this isn't new. It is a type of fermented  tea beverage with live cultures in it. Here is a quote about what it has to offer; "There are a plethora of other reported benefits associated with kombucha consumption including: Weight loss, improved immunity, anti-inflammatory effects, enhanced digestion, regularity of bowels, appetite suppressant, improves body alkalinity, improved/restored skin/hair, helps stabilize blood sugar, lowered cholesterol and blood pressure, and improved circulation.* Kombucha is not a drug or supplement. It is just a amazingly healthy food that helps your body achieve balance. Just as a complete diet and exercise help a healthy lifestyle, kombucha supports wellness. Simply put, kombucha gives your body what it needs to promote health. * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease"
Sounded neat enough. But you know what really drew me in? I found a local company whom had their stuff at Whole Foods. They are Kickin Kombucha! They make flavored kombucha. I REALLY REALLY try to do local as much as possible, plus their name IS AMAZING! ;)



So, i have no other kombucha to compare it to, but let me tell ya, this stuff was really good! I  got the berry hibiscus flavored one, and it was Yum! So maybe this is the alcoholic in me speaking, but it tasted mildly like a strawberry daiquiri. It is fuzzy going down and left me in a pleasant mood. Perhaps that was just due to the perceived alcoholic content XD  If you like the taste of beer then you would enjoy this! I will for sure buy this again and support local H town businesses! :) So, have y'all had a form of kombucha before? What are your thoughts on the health claims?

Later Space Cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment